Saturday, February 13, 2010

I have made a decision......

God willing this experiment works, I will be spending four months of 2010 in Nairobi, Kenya, a city full of both wonder and tragedy (or, so I'm told). I will be studying at the U.S. International University in Nairobi, where I will be taking classes in Kenyan culture, Kiswahili (the national language, English is the official),and international development (my field of focus within my program, international studies). I will also have the opportunity to complete an internship at a local development agency. I don't exactly know what kind of work I'll be doing, but I am hoping to do something with women/maternal health.

There are a few obstacles within my way, however. One of these obstacles happens to be the Almighty Dollar. Yet I've always been told to follow my heart, that if it's right and I am persistent, things will open up. I am going to see if this is what my heart truly wants.

Operation Katie Goes to Kenya is officially underway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment